Red Dwarf Forum Index
Red Dwarf
forum français sur Red Dwarf, la sitcom SF

Red Dwarf Forum IndexFAQSearchRegisterLog in

:: Hidden Things Fans Totally Missed In The Resident Evil Movie ::

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Red Dwarf Forum Index -> The Starbug -> Chit-chat
Previous topic :: Next topic  
v4umovies
Skutter

Masculin Bélier (21mar-19avr) 龍 Dragon
Saison préférée: II
Personnage préféré: Cat

PostPosted: Tue 19 Feb 2019 - 10:14    Post subject: Hidden Things Fans Totally Missed In The Resident Evil Movie Reply with quote

When I walk into a movie theater to see an action movie, I don't plan to analyze every little thing on the screen. I go to action movies to sit back, relax, and watch some rip-roaring action. And believe it or not, .................................................................................................................................................................................. ........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

the Resident Evil film series are action movies. Sure they have a couple of horror moments in them, but the majority of their screen time is dominated by blazing guns and fancy fistfights. So when I went to see those Resident Evil movies, all I was prepared to do was sit back and (marginally) enjoy a (bad-movie-night) movie.................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................. ...............................................................................................................................................................
......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Imagine my surprise at the fact that these films managed to sneak so many references and surprises into each scene. I hate to admit it, but I have watched these movies more than once just so that I could catch all these "Easter Eggs." If you think,
like I used to, ................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... ............................................................................................................................................................................................
........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

that the Resident Evil films were a massive departure from the video games, perhaps you will be consoled to know how much adoration the filmmakers actually had for the survival-horror games they took their inspiration from. And they wasted no time or space sneaking these little callbacks into their movies..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... .............................................................................
...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Granted, if you're not a fan of the Resident Evil movies, these references might not be enough to get you to watch them again. But at least you can appreciate the attempt to honor the source material..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
.................................................................................................. .....................................................................................................